Sunday, September 8, 2013

As Free as I thought it would be

The dominating story of the week is that our little guy, our youngest, (...our last!) has finally decided to say goodbye to diapers.     It's about time too, as we've only spent the past 10 months asking him when he was going to learn to go potty like a "big boy!"   Every time we asked him though his response was always, "ummm...at fwee firty"  or   "umm...maybe in sixty fifty ten."

(Apparently now that he's figured out the whole bathroom thing, we should begin to teach him the concept of time?)  

Truly though, this is a big deal for me.   When I say he is "potty trained" I mean he is - done!   I never have to ask him or nag him, he doesn't need pull ups, or anything on at night.   In fact, I have gone so far as to completely rid myself of every last diaper (including the ones that graced the bottoms of dolls and stuffies;) leaving no remnant of them anywhere in sight! 

For 11 years I have added diapers to our weekly or monthly shopping trips.   For 11 years I have had to ensure that everywhere I went I had diapers and baby wipes in tow.    For 11 YEARS I have had to designate a certain garbage in our garage to "the stinky ones!"   

And for 11 years I have wondered how this moment would feel. 

I truly feel free.   There are just no.other.words.

Oh and for the record, I did a little estimated calculation this afternoon and figured that John and I have spent approximately $5277. 36 on diapers and $922.68 on wipes over the past 11 years!    YOWSERS!  

(Oh, and sorry for the underwear pics, they are totally uncalled for, but I figured after my last post- these ones were quite mild;)

No comments: