Friday, October 4, 2013

Napoleon Dynamite and other funny moments from our week

What a week, and is it not CRAZY that it is already OCTOBER?  
At this rate, it will be Christmas in no time!   Then, as soon as Christmas is over, then it's just a matter of weeks before a week long break in February.   Then it's just a short while until Easter.  After Easter- soccer season.  And after soccer season- Summer.
So really, summer is just right around the corner!   
(At least that is how I chose to see it ok?!;)

   It's been a busy kind of week as John and I have race around between work, play dates, fence building, nightly volleyball, home repairs (and all the little jobs that come with putting your house up for sale;), and getting the garden harvested and prepped for winter.    Let's be honest, most of that stuff was John being busy, BUT when John is busy - I am busy.   So yes, I've been very productive;)!


Abby came to me last Sunday afternoon with an interesting observation that made me laugh.  
 I'll admit, didn't know quite how to respond:   

Abby:  Mom?  You know that song we sing at church that says "Home can be a Heaven on Earth?   Well..sometimes, I don't really think that's true.   'Cuz like, think about it:   Jessica always makes fun of me, Sam is always kicking me out of his room, and NATE always punches me in the face.  So...like, it doesn't really seem like Heaven to me."

I can see her point.   Can you imagine having to put up with all that for an eternity?   ;)
I can just picture the internal struggle she felt as she sang that Hymn at church, not believing a single word of it!  haha.   

****************

The kids have discovered Napoleon Dynamite this week.   Honestly, I've still never seen it the whole way through yet, but the parts I have seen literally make me feel dumber.  My kids though- already have the whole thing memorized.    (Curse their photographic memories!)

When one of the kids makes a mistake, the others say under their breath, in classic Napoleon Dynamite fashion:  "...idiot!"    (It's not nice at all, but totally funny.)

Once after school I asked Sam what he was going to do to stay busy and he responded by saying (in classic Napoleon Dynamite fashion):  "Whatever I want to do.  ...Gosh!"  
 (again, not nice, but kinda funny still;)


And thanks to Napoleon Dynamite, the kids now are obsessed with Tator tots!  Just for kicks, I cooked up a bag of them for supper the other night and it made or the funniest dinner conversation as the kids ate their "Tots." 


************
While sitting at the table during dinner one day Jessica said with a lot of attitude, "Well that was over dramatic."   I'd never heard her use that word before, and when I asked her where she learned it from she just shrugged her shoulders in a "I don't know" kind of way.   

  That's when Abby chimed in and said, "Mom, she probably heard that word from Uncle Jordan.   You know, he always says weird words like that whenever he talks to people!"  haha.  




It's General Conference weekend and we are SOO excited! 
I'm going out tonight to buy all sorts of junkfood in anticipation.

Watching Conference with my family is my favorite part of the fall.   

And of course, after Conference comes Halloween.   And after Halloween comes Christmas. 
 After Christmas....well it's practically time for the spring session of Conference!

1 comment:

Jordan and Luci said...

Let's just hope Jess didn't pick up on any of the other more colorful words she might have heard from uncle Jordan! Haha...I also love Napolean Dynamite...tell your kids to learn the dance at the end. It's the best!