Thursday, October 17, 2013

Thanksgiving Day

This past Thanksgiving was a quiet weekend filled with family, lots of work, and yummy food!
John has been building a chain link fence for a woman in town and so we opted to have our Thanksgiving dinner on Sunday instead.    

Grandpa kindly smoked the Turkey in his slick Smoker!   It was delicious of course;)  
I got two new recipes this year from my neighbor, and I think the Creamed Spinach was a hit!  


We ate so much food- we were too full for pie!    But then, we ate that anyway;)

Once we'd cleaned up, we rolled out the door and into the van for a drive out to Waterton.
It was a lovely drive, (the kids complained the whole way) and I think we all felt grateful for the beautiful area we live in.    

While we were waiting for Elk to emerge from the trees, the kids found this crazy giant/monster/grasshopper on steroids!   It was huge, had a type of armor looking coating around it, and looked hideous.    (John was fascinated)

As we drove home, we paused to listen to a flock of geese fly over head as they made their way south.    

I just LOVE the fall!


PS:  I also love my favorite Thanksgiving Quesidillas.   
(Simply heat up some leftover stuffing and turkey and once warmed, place on a flour tortilla.   Top with mozza cheese and another tortilla and grill until melted.    Then dip in your favorite Cranberry Sauce.)

Best way to enjoy Turkey Leftovers EVER!!!!!

1 comment:

CHEMTD said...

Tan,
That picture of the grasshopper thing is awesome! I haven't seen one in years.
That bug is actually called the "Mormon Cricket" because it was the culprit that was threatening the Saints crops in the Miracle of the Gulls from our Church History. I haven't seen one since I was a kid and dad brought one home in a jar after it had been turned into the Claresholm municiple office.