Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Celebrating a truly amazing woman!!!

Almost a couple of weeks ago, we got the news that John's Grandma Hardy had passed away.    
Though we were initially sad to hear this, our thoughts quickly went to memories our kids were able to have with this remarkable woman, and we are so grateful for that.    

The last time we visited with her was in the summer, but sure enough, the famous jelly bean dispenser came out.  Always a highlight for the kids!


I believe that John's Grandma was 97 years old when she passed away, which is remarkable in itself, but in that span of time her family grew to include 183 great grand children and 6 great great grandchildren.    AMAZING!!!    
(I know that giant card says "75 years" on it- but in actuality John's Grandma and Grandpa just celebrated their 76th anniversary!!)   

Last Saturday (Dec 21st) many of her family members and friends gathered in Stirling to celebrate her life.   It was a lovely service, with touching Christmas music.   I was amazed at all of the family of John's that were there whom I had never even met before, and John joked often with them that there was enough family in attendance to organize a ward of our very own!  haha.   

I thought it was a brave endeavour to try and get a group photo, but wonders never cease- it can be done!!!  

Oh...ahem..excuse that unruly 4 year old in the front row.  His flaky parents obviously never taught him how to behave in public!   (yes, that is my boy;)

No comments: