We've officially got an 11 year old!!
This past Tuesday was Abby's big day, and she was so excited.
Jewel, Kendall and their kids came over to help celebrate which made things extra special for Abs. Because really, how could you not feel special when "Happy Birthday" is sung with accompaniment?
And a flute nonetheless!

Abby asked for a Duck Dynasty cake so that hopefully explains that mess of a picture in the top corner. (Apparently a cartoon of Si saying "Happy Birthday Jack" was the best I could do. Luckily- it was all Abby needed!!!;) It's always fun to visit with family, and on this particular night we were entertained with the longest most ridiculous story my niece Ava has ever conjured up, AND she introduced us all to the wonderful world of #Hashtags. Forgive me, but I feel inspired to end my paragraphs from this point on in just such a fashion. (#Just trying to be cool, #wannabelikemyniece, #11 years already!, #say what?!!!!)
Wednesday brought some warmer temperatures, which was such a relief!
Sam attended cubs and they all joined their leaders on a nature hike to the "Hidden Valley." Perhaps you didn't realize that there was a hidden valley right here within town limits, now did you? Me neither. Apparently such a place does exist, though the trek there required a jaunt across the frozen Lee's creek - which ...apparently is not so frozen anymore! Sam came home soaking wet, which prompted me to go off on a 2 hour lecture about how you never... NEVER play on an icy creek in the spring. Though I'm surprised I even needed to have this conversation again.
(#isn't that common sense?, #Duh!, #keeping him alive is harder then it looks)
John and I are still in "move out mode", seeing as the new owners don't take pocession of our home until April 1st. Turns out what we thought was going to be a laid back way to move is quite actually the worst arrangement in the history of the world! We've spent the last two or three weekends conjuring up work there, and likely will spend a couple of more weekends there before all is said and done. For the love, WHY do we always feel the need to leave a house better then it was when we got it? I don't know, perhaps I'm just having a hard time walking away?
(#welcome to the move that never ends, #still miss it)
The kids have had a great season of Champs, and this is the first year that Abby, Sam and Jess each got to participate. I've LOVED seeing their improvement! There is one week left and I'm not sure John and I know what we'll do with those extra two hours. (oh wait- yes I do!!) We're determined to keep the kids working on what they've learned. Abby was asked to be a part of a spring league team but John and I reluctantly opted out. She's gotten good- she really has, and I know this league would only help her get better, but we just aren't ready to start planning our schedule around basketball. Not.just.yet. Next year we'll put her in for sure!
(#poor deprived child, #we lazy, #Ihaveaphobiaofoverschedulingmyfamily, #commitment issues much?)

Sunday is undoubtedly my favourite day of the week. 8:30 am church felt particularly painful this morning with daylight savings and all, but the afternoon was enjoyed in the most relaxing way. We took a drive to look for eagles (the migration is upon us!) and then settled down to watch a movie together. Can you believe it though- the kids tried to convince us that "NACHO LIBRE" should actually counts as an appropriate Sunday movie! You know, because "there is a priest in it, and it's about an orphanage, and that one guy asks for forgiveness... " (Those were my kids justifications, not mine;)
(#fat chance, #ifI'mnotcarefulthey'llgrowupdumb #Saturdays warrior or nothing at all!)
We hope you all had the most fabulous week ever.
SPRING IS JUST AROUND THE CORNER!!!!!
1 comment:
#best blog post ever!!
Post a Comment