Sunday, March 2, 2014

Just Chilling!


Brrr....it is C-O-L-D!!!
The past few days have brought arctic temperatures our way, with windchill making it feel like a balmy -39 degrees!!   I'm not kidding- that is just too cold for any sane person to have to put up with.  
February is always the worst month for me, and I think everyone around me agrees- we are DONE with winter!  It's definitely time to move on to warmer days;)

After a week off of school, and a crazy move, it was nice to be able to get back in to a routine, which of course, leaves Nate and I alone during the day.   Apparently he has grown so bored of our every day interaction that he'd rather read the ensign instead! 
I seriously walked into the room to find him doing this.   I felt so bad for the poor kid that I immediately took him down town for a swim at the local hotel.   

On Monday night, our new neighbour Melanie stopped by with her three kids.  They didn't stay longer then a minute or two, but they left behind the most delightful FHE treat ever.  Crepes, creme and fruit!   So yummy;) 
 It was so thoughtful of her and such a comforting reassurance to me that there are good people all around us.  John and I are so lucky, we seem to "win the lottery" every time with great neighbours!!

(I wish they could say the same about us though;)

On Friday, John came home with a sheepish and confused look on his face.   He explained how he had pulled up to the house...parked in the driveway...realized he was not far enough over, so re-parked the truck....walked up the front steps...put the key in the door...and attempted to enter the house - all before realizing that IT.WAS.THE.WRONG.HOUSE!!!!

For the life of me, I don't understand it, but he swears that in the dark the two houses just look alike;)    Melanie and I were laughing about it the next day and she admitted that she was a little confused herself as to why John was just trying to walk into her house!    haha.    

It was pretty funny, yet despite the joke it has become, we have spent the rest of this weekend shovelling driveways and trying to reassure all who live on this block that we really are not creepy people;)     Well..not the rest of us at least!;)


On second thought...perhaps I should just speak for myself! ;)
HAPPY MARCH!!!

No comments: