This past week my father in law re entered our lives after being away for a little over a week. He does this sometimes- just disappears to spend time with other kids and grandkids. (The nerve!;)
At any rate, we were thrilled to see him on Saturday night and hear about his adventures and the fun things he got to do. Once all of the highlights had been told, he shared with me something that he observed my sister in law Sarah doing. She prepares several days worth of salad and stores it in separate jars, one for each supper time meal.
Salad in a Jar!
In.a. JAR. People!!!!
I instantly got on Pinterest to see what this madness was all about only to find hundreds of recipes and "how to's." What cave have I been in all this time?
I remedied this the very next day by chopping, slicing and dicing everything I could find in my fridge and stuffing it all into a jar. One for each day of the week. Now, all we have to do is dump a jar into a bowl and add anything else to it we want. (Hard boiled eggs...almonds...croutons...tomatoes...the sky is the limit!!!)
I love it, and so do my kids! For two nights in a row 3 out of 4 kids have actually had salad! And all because it was in a jar first? Who knew?
I personally just love how they look in my fridge. They are almost too beautiful to open up!
Sometimes I just go to the fridge to look at them and feel happy.

Speaking of Happy- Sam has been a happy man this week. He started Coach Pitch this week and pretty much has the most awesome team ever! His coach is his Uncle Kendall, and on his team are very familiar (albeit younger) buddies: Dane, Ollie, and Porter.
Of course I'm obligated to say that I love going to Sam's games and supporting him, but it helps when some of my favourite Moms are there as well, you know? ;)

Our family enjoyed watching Sam so much that we headed back to the ball diamond later that evening for a family game. Our old neighbour friend Katie was at the park and joined in the fun, which was nice!
I've been thinking a lot about Mothers lately, what with Mothers Day coming up, and I've been feeling an overwhelming sense of gratitude for the woman in my life. I know, and have known, some of the toughest, bravest, and most faithful Mothers out there, and for that I am so thankful. I'm glad I get to learn from the Best!!!
Hope every Mother feels as lucky and blessed as I do!
No comments:
Post a Comment