Sunday, May 4, 2014

Recap

My last journal entry was one month ago, (a whole month!), and I'm afraid that I am a little unsure of how to catch up now.  So, I decided not to.   Suffice it to say, our lives are uber exciting and full of all sorts of interesting events, and you're just going to have to take my word for it!

Luckily, I did clean off our camera and found a couple of little gems on it that reminded me of some of the fun:
Several weeks ago, my brother in law Kendall was nominated for a Teaching award, and shorty thereafter, him and Jewel attended an overnight conference in which 20 teachers in Alberta (fellow nominees) all gathered.   Ava, May, Brooke and Dane joined us for those two days which added a bit of excitement to my kids' otherwise boring school week.  (First sleepover they've ever gotten to have on a school night and they were thrilled!!)   The night Kendall was being recognized in Calgary, May and Brooke were singing in the year end Spring Choir concert down here.   Again- Abby was especially excited to get to go "with" her cousins that night.   Don't they look so sharp!   
(This concert marked the end of choir for this school year, which means I get to sleep in now twice a week!  Hola!!!)


Our ward Primary had a party the weekend before Easter, and several couples in the ward were asked to be in charge of a room that depicted an account/experience in the Saviors life.    One room was devoted to his ministry, the last supper, the atonement, etc.   The kids were divided into groups and went on a "Walk with Christ" as they moved from room to room learning about his life on earth.    
John and I were asked to be in charge of the Nativity.   We did our best to make the kids feel as though they were in a barn as we retold the story of the Saviors birth from the perspective of the Innkeepers.    It was a neat primary activity, and as I watched them that morning come and go and move through the halls, I have honestly NEVER seen those kids so reverent.  Ever!!    
It was a great way to kick off the Easter Season.



My kids have discovered Studio C on you tube.  (Never heard of it?  That's probably a good thing, you'll be smarter for it;)    Abby in particular LOVES the BYU group and has probably watched every silly skit they've put out yet.   John and I have had to intervene and limit her time on the computer as a result;)     The "Shoulder Angel" skits are definitely my kids' favourite ones though, as you can tell by Nate's reenactment here:



Nate has been my good buddy during the days.   I recently decided to get off Facebook and low and behold that little act opened up much more time in my day to snuggle and cuddle with this little guy!   Who knew?!  haha.  
He's mysteriously been breaking out in hives the past few days (and usually just at night) which has had John and I puzzled.   I'm taking him in to the Doctor tomorrow so that will hopefully help us determine if there is an allergy that he is dealing with, or if it is a reaction to something more viral.   It's tugged at my heart a little the past night or two as he's come upstairs all red and itchy and sadly asking us why "his beehives are here again?"   Sigh....    Poor little bug.  

 Despite the fact that the snow continues to show it's ugly face around here, we've managed to capitalize on a few nice days to do some much needed yard work.  We've weeded flower beds, pruned bushes, power raked, fertilized and trimmed edges.   It felt so good to get that all done, and it's got me excited for the upcoming garden season!  It's just around the corner. ...REALLY!!

Happy MAY!!!

No comments: