I have not gotten together with my sister Jewel for a month. A MONTH! Actually, it's been a lot longer than that since I've even seen my other siblings, but considering the fact that Jewel and I live a blessed block and a half away, I think it is fairly ridiculous that we've not really gotten together sooner. Ridiculous, but definitely understandable. (Our normal routine includes phone calls, swapping childcare, and running into each other at school/church functions. There is nothing "normal" about our summer routine;)
On one particularly warm afternoon last week though, Jewel called up and invited my kids down to the creek with her and her kids. Kendal was painting, John was fencing, and none of us had company for the first time in weeks, so it appeared as though the stars were aligned!
My kids were THRILLED to go down to play, especially since Jewel's fam was visiting our cousins dog Banjo for the week. Banjo has become an instant hit, and I'm praying that Jewels fam gets a Ridgeback of their own sometime soon. (That way John and I will be the only ones in my family without any pets and our kids will think we are super cool for that one;)


The kids (minus Nate, who stayed home because I lied and told him that the others had to go "work") found a snake, swam in the water and enjoyed feeling like they know what it's like to own a dog.
Pretty great way to spend a lazy summer day!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment