It has been two weeks now since John's last volleyball tournament (which means I'm two weeks late with my journalling;) and we still get excited to wake up Saturday morning to the smell of one of Dad's breakfasts!! The kids LOVE his hash browns and french toast and I just love that I can stay in bed a little later and smell it;)
Everyone is happier when Dad is around!!!

It was a good season though, and John had a lot of fun with his boys. They improved so much throughout the season and I seriously feel as though John improved right along with them! He always says he isn't a very experienced coach, but he's been doing this for six years now and he gets better and better each time. To celebrate the end of a good season, we had his team over for a dinner (Cafe Rio) and a movie consisting of some of their highlights. It was fun to see them interact with Joh and the kids were glad to get to be included.
Awesome group of Young Men right there, that's for sure!!!
Now that John is around a lot more, the kids have resumed their favourite winter pastime -
Skating!!

Not a single one of my kids are very accomplished skaters, but slowly (ever so slowly) they are improving. We generally try to carve out time each weekend to get to the rink, but the kids would go every single day if we let them!
No comments:
Post a Comment