Abby came to me one day, in the middle of October and announced to me that she was "having a party" and needed to fill me in on the plans. I had to admire her approach. She didn't ask me IF she could have a party, yet came to me with a well thought out plan, making it virtually impossible for me to refuse. I had to laugh as she opened up her journal to a page titled "The PLOT of my party" that consisted of every last detail. Naturally, I changed a few of her details due to the fact that they were wildly unrealistic nor were they safe but for the most part, I chose to honor this little plan of hers.
So, one week before Halloween, Abby had 15 friends from school over, costumes and all!
They spent the night: eating, decorating cookies, delivering the cookies/playing commando, eating some more, dancing, playing mafia and (once John came home that night from his tournament) they all climbed onto big school bus John had brought home for a late night tour of the town and screaming at the top of their lungs!
Oh my it was loud.
I didn't actually realize how loud a group of girls like this could be!;)
Thankfully, John did make it home for the last bit of the party and managed to entertain them by spitting grapes high into the air and then catching them again. In case you were wondering, the only thing worse than 15 screaming girls is 15 girls spitting grapes in the air and missing every one of them! (Just kidding- there is nothing bad about 15 girls. Honest!)

Abby had a great time with her friends and I enjoyed getting to know some of these kids she spends a large chunk of her days with.
I may just let her do it again one day!
...maybe.
No comments:
Post a Comment