I never did record how John's Volleyball season ended this past year. It was a truly awesome couple of months for him and his team! As I think I'd mentioned before, John had a strong group of players this year. Many of them had been on the time for a few years, by this point. One boy was one of the best setters in the league. They ALL played great together and worked hard - which made it a really fun season to watch!!!
For most part, these boys won more than they lost. They went into the zone finals with a pretty good chance at making it to provincials. Ultimately, they lost that opportunity when they lost to Eagle Butte (Medicine Hat) in the third set by just a few points!
Arghh!!!!! It was so sad.
(Though I felt sad for John and the boys, I managed to feel better every time I pictured what that 12 hour drive to Grand Prairie for provincials would have looked like!) All is well that ends well;)
Shortly after the season ended, we had the team over for one last get together.
We fed them Cafe Rio and John showed them a video he had prepared, highlighting their season.
It was fun to watch them interact together, wrestle each other and do all that stuff that older boys do. I'll admit, the Mom in me sometimes feels a bit nervous as I contemplate my kids' future teenage lives and I think I will worry less if they are able to find a good group (or team!) of friends that will be there for them!
It was a fun couple of months, watching them all, for sure!
No comments:
Post a Comment