The tooth fairy in our home has dropped the ball more times that I can count. It has never been unusual for one of our kids to wake up and bring us their unclaimed tooth, explaining that for some reason the "tooth fairy just didn't come!"
No biggie, right?
I usually suggest to them lots of reasons why this might have happened:
* "I bet your room was too messy. Perhaps you should go clean it and see if she comes tonight?"
* "Well did you practice the piano this week? The tooth fairy isn't allowed to come when little girls and boys haven't done what is expected of them."
...etc..
One day though a couple of months ago, our flaky tooth fairy messed up in an epic way when Jessica lost a tooth. Not only did the tooth fairy forget to stop by on the first night, but even after she'd cleaned her room, practiced her piano, done all of her homework and done everything RIGHT -
the tooth fairy forgot to show up - AGAIN!
Two nights in a row?!! tsk tsk. That is pretty inexcusable, even by my standards.
No comments:
Post a Comment