It's always hard to go back two months and try to remember the things I wanted to record. In an effort to catch up, the next few journal entries will be a reflection of the pictures I found on my camera.
These New Years Eve shots brought back some fun memories!
As per our family tradition, we spent New Years with my siblings and their awesome people. We always feast on finger food and we always prepare way too much. There was a lot a lot of eating throughout the course of our holiday (like a LOT) and New Years Eve was no exception. Ham and Cheese sliders, ships and dip, rollmops.... yummmmm.
(ps: google "rollmops" - you'll barf. No one could actually muster up the courage to eat one)

It was a great time playing games, visiting, and catching up. Unfortunately, I had to help chaperone at a Stake youth dance and so John and I sadly left the Hardy Party just before 9, to head to the church. We weren't sure how many youth would show up (there was also a youth dance in Lethbridge that night) but we ended up having a great turnout. Good thing to because we had ordered pizza for 200 and it was being delivered at midnight. We definitely needed kids there to eat it all! I did spend a large chunk of the evening wondering how my kids were doing and wishing I was with them to welcome in the New Year together. Next year!;)
New Years day was just as fun.
We drove out to Waterton with every intention of going cross country skiing. Everyone was equiped with either skis or snow shoes, and we were going to trek in to Cameron Lake. We were feeling optimistic that, despite the cool -15 temp in town, it'd be much warmer up at the trailhead?
Nope.
It was a blustery, frigid day in Waterton, and by the time we got to the starting point - none of us wanted to leave the warmth of our vehicles!
We drove out to Waterton with every intention of going cross country skiing. Everyone was equiped with either skis or snow shoes, and we were going to trek in to Cameron Lake. We were feeling optimistic that, despite the cool -15 temp in town, it'd be much warmer up at the trailhead?
Nope.
It was a blustery, frigid day in Waterton, and by the time we got to the starting point - none of us wanted to leave the warmth of our vehicles!

We drove back down to the town site and found a camp kitchen where we could enjoy some hot chocolate and try to warm up by a small fire.
I totally give us props for trying though.
We're awesome like that!
That evening, Heather and Crystal served us all the most delicious Indian food for supper. Butter Chicken, naan bread...baclava and dates for desert... I don't know how I managed to feel hungry after all that food the day before, but it was delicious! Jewel had invited the missionaries over for supper as well and once we had finished supper, we all rolled ourselves downstairs for some fun games of Mafia and Kahoot.
Yup, that's right. There's no better way to welcome in a New Year, then with this fun group!
No comments:
Post a Comment