Winter is officially over!
It just is.
Not only because I have declared it so - but because it is MAY!
(Goodbye winter, hello spring;)
There are a few things that always make spring spring, to me:
1: Gardening!
Days ago, we had helped John's Dad plant his garden, but eventually, we actually got around to planting our own! Corn, chard, kale, carrots, radishes, cucumber and more!
The kids each got their own little designated spots as well. Who knows if anything that they planted will actually grow but I love their effort, just the same. (I also love how they mapped out their garden plots using string and plastic spoons.)

2. Fishing
I'm pretty sure John and Nate would go fishing every weekend, if we could. They've gone several times already, and spring has barely begun! Nate has surprised us by being the number 1 catcher of pike lately. He actually enjoys fishing - when he catches something;)
A couple of weeks ago, John planned a "date night" for him and I and, wouldn't you know it -
he took me fishing! It turned out to be a most perfect idea.
John fished non- stop. I fished a little, put my feet up a bit more than that, and took pictures whenever I wanted.
There is nothing like being out on a lake as the sun goes down. So peaceful!

3. April showers must really bring may flowers - because we certainly have enjoyed an abundance of them lately. The day before Mother's Day John and Jess had left together to "run a few errands."
What they came home with though -was stunning!
They'd filled 6 vases with beautiful, handpicked tulips and placed them throughout the house. It was such a delightful thing to walk around the house and see fresh flowers everywhere I looked.

The whole beautiful scene reminded me of a quote from Monet, who once said,
"I must have flowers - always and always!"
Might I add to that - a garden spot and calm evenings on the lake!
No comments:
Post a Comment