Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Waterton through a new lens

My brother Chad recently helped me locate a cool lens to purchase on kijiji and last weekend I was finally able to test it out!    

Of course, the only place to test out a new telephoto lens is in Waterton, am I not right?
I am right (just for the record)

So on Saturday afternoon, John and I loaded the kids up for a bit of fun.   
From the moment we entered the park - I knew it was going to be a great day.  
Spotting a big beautiful moose just near the park gate seemed to be a good omen.

It was a little chilly but not cold enough to prevent us from enjoying some barbecued hot dogs.
Normally, I do not like hot dogs at all, but when cooked up in the beautiful out doors - Hmm mmm. 

Jess and Sam crack me up.  They've always had a close relationship.  
They are close in age, could pass for twin siblings, and for some reason - they can't stop picking on each other.  We've tried to tell Sam not to fight with his sister but she dishes it out more than he does.   It's sort of endearing.

There is a lot of construction going on in Waterton this year, which prevented us from really driving up into the mountains.   We walked around the town site though and explored the shoreline and took note of every wildflower that we saw.  


Of course we have conditioned our kids to need ice cream from Big Scoop every.single.time we come to town.  This time Jessica tried the "Moosetrack" flavor, in honor of our moose sighting earlier.

At the end of the day, we made a quick stop up at the Prince of Whales hotel to check out the view.   We were delighted to find a couple of dozen mountain sheep grazing up there and they certainly put on an entertaining show for us.     

We drove home at the end of the day feeling full, relaxed, sun kissed and content with everything.
(Waterton has that affect on people, you know;)

If only Abby could have been with us - then it really would have been a perfect day!

No comments: