Tuesday, July 19, 2016

June Fun

June was forever ago. (Yes, I'm gifted when it comes to hyperbole;) How am I only updating now!!!
Get ready for a bunch of posts, full of pictures and not enough detail about the awesomeness of each:

The town has completed renovations on the local pool and the WATER SLIDES are officially open and running!   We bought a family pass for the summer and the kids LOVE going.   Jess, in particular, loves taking her mermaid suit along.  

During the month of June we were able to have Jordan and Luci and their families visit us.  They were in Calgary and Waterton a bit too, but it was nice to see them when we did.   Unfortunately we had LOTS of end of school things going on as well.   Boo to feeling torn :(  
On one of those evenings, Abby played the flute in her year end band concert, which, due to the fact that she isn't taking band next year,  also may be her final concert ever!
I didn't go to it.

But she looked lovely and I'm sure she played well!


We spent several evenings in June driving through fields near Walleys Beach, in search of a good fishing hole.   I LOVE southern Alberta in the spring!



John had high hopes of catching some big fish in these channels of water.
So far, no luck, but I keep reminding him it "isn't about how many fish we catch";)
Occasionally on evenings like this, Grandpa would join us.  


Grandpa always fishes from the shore. 
Sam and John always take the boat.  (Jess too, if she is in the mood)
Abby and Sam always find a seat in the van to lay back in, ipods and iphones in hand. (groan)
I like to find a spot in a field to sit down and photograph anything I see.  Sometimes it is one of the kids or a cluster of grass....


Other times ..
A few birds perched in a row on some fence posts.


I LOVE Spring!!!

The last couple of weeks in June were fun ones.  
John and the three older kids were still in school, but Nate and I were finished.  
We spent our afternoons playing Super Mario Bros. and going on picnics in the park. 

One fun afternoon we joined my friend Ashley and her two kids and went out to Waterton.  
It was cold and windy but that didn't stop those boys from climbing all over the rocks and getting as wet as we'd allow them.  

It was a blur of a month, but a month full of fun, family and friends.   
We tried to suck every sunny ounce out of our spring and plan on continuing the party all the way through the summer months.  


We can't wait!!!!

No comments: