Tuesday, July 19, 2016

"Post Quest and Pre Young Mens Camp" Camp!

I got home from my four day Moroni's Quest experience  on a Monday and John was scheduled to leave for his four day Deacon's camp on Wednesday.    That meant we had one day in between to spend together as a family.  And what would you suppose the kids wanted to do?...

 Camp, of course!  
(Just our luck;)

Not going to lie, I tried to talk them out of it and delay, but John was more than happy to set the tent up in the backyard and spend the night out there with them.   Seeing as I had missed them all so badly while I was away, I wasn't about to miss out on spending as much time as possible with them now, even if I did long for a comfy bed;) 


They were elated!


Having been inspired by a cable reality cooking TV show, they decided to have their very own cookoff - "S'mores edition."    Jessica was the judge and she did not take her job lightly.  

In the end, Abby's S'more one for creativity and design.   (She really nailed it with the graham cracker crumble on top;)

Look at that proud smile!
(And look at those braces!!  Only two more months of dental payments to make.  Booyah;)

No comments: