This summer has been one for the books! (This book, actually;)
Two months ago, as school came to a close, John and I talked about how we needed to prioritize our time with the kids more. We were determined to utilize every ounce of our summer months possible.
As part of this, John decided to try "not fencing" for a season. Past summers have sort of revolved around his work schedule and for the first time ever he actually turned down ALL requests for jobs. Though we have certainly been grateful for the added income those jobs have given in the past, we really felt that family time was more important than anything this summer. (Perhaps the result of us both feeling burnt out by June;)
This has turned out being the BEST summer that we've had in a very long time. It seemed as though the past two months have consisted of one new adventure after the other, mingled with days here and there to relax and regroup. With everyone heading back to school now, it is finally sinking in that our blessed summer vacation is coming to a close. Because I never ever want to forget the best parts of summer, I've included a linky list of our Top Ten Summer Highlights:
This Top Ten list doesn't even begin to convey the happiness that I've felt this summer as together we have seen new places, accomplished "Bucket List" hopes, stayed up late playing card games, travelling for days in our barely hanging on minivan and spent countless hours just enjoying each others company. I just simply do not want it to end.
I sure do appreciate this guy of mine though for his willingness to go along with whatever plan I cook up, to physically make each adventure go as well as possible and (lest we forget) funding it all! haha
I've said it before and I really mean it -"Holiday John" is a LOT of fun!!

His week old beard is all shaved off though (an obvious sign that it's back to business) and God bless him, he's ready to head to work and a busy volleyball season.
(I can't complain though. Future Summer fun has to be funded somehow!;)
No comments:
Post a Comment