One of the most exciting things that April has brought with it is the arrival of "FOOD TRUCK SEASON!" Woop Woop!!! Our little town does not provide a lucrative enough base for these food trucks to permanently set up camp, but every once in awhile an announcement will be made (via facebook) that they will be in town. The trick is to get to the truck a few minutes prior to the scheduled opening time to avoid having to wait in line;)
My favorite food trucks from last year were the "Flyin' Hawaiian" (which showed up this past Friday:) and the "Grub n' Go," which serves chicken fingers hot dogs and Filipino Spring Rolls and Pancit. (Random perhaps but so delicious!)
Just when I think the warmer weather will help me get outside and loose weight....
(perhaps if I jog down to get my mini donuts and pina colada?)
Abby has only a few short months left of being the student body President. For some unknown reason she (along with her friends, no doubt) decided to declare the last week of March a Dress up week which involved a certain theme every day. Wednesday was "Disney Theme" and Abby craftily rigged up this Belle costume for herself. She was super proud of it!

A few stakes in our area combined efforts to host a Family Day of Discovery at the High School. The entire weekend revolved around Family History and bringing it alive. On Friday evening there was a multi stake activity in which Mormon motivational speaker Hank Smith came and spoke to all of the youth. Abby was invited to attend a special pre-activity meeting with him.
Apparently the youth who met with him just talked with him about all things Canadian (ie: toques, poutine etc) and they took pictures together on the Temple lawn. He was a super funny speaker and had the kids engaged the entire time. I'll have to look up some of his other talks.
On Saturday, Abby (along with her friend Hope) were presenters during one of the sessions.
They taught us about the 1940 census, specifically what information we can gather about our ancestors from it. She did great! (in a darling, awkward sort of way;)
We're packing up and getting ready to move again, which means that I am (again) dejunking/sorting/organizing every bit of junk we still feel the need to hold on to.
This was an old window pane that I have continued to bring with me from house to house. Finally, I rigged up a practical use for it (and when I say I did, of course that means John did;) It is now my necklace and earring holder. I love it so much.
I had to share this picture too. Nate's Teacher texted me the other day and shared with me an assignment that she had her students do. They were to draw a picture of themselves at 100 years of age and state what they would like to be doing.
Nate's picture/response to this assignment is as follows:
"When I'm 100...my Grandsons will dig me a grave."
Sometimes there just are no words....;)
No comments:
Post a Comment