Sunday, April 23, 2017

That was Awkward

I recently purchased a T-shirt for Abby designed to celebrate the awkwardness that has been her Junior High experience.   I have been proud of her for playing volleyball, acting as the Student body President this year and well..surviving it all.  The truth of it is though - she's awkward!   
Not a day goes by where she doesn't come home and say, "Mom...wanna know what was kinda awkward...?"   or  "Ok...it was so awkward, I was really distressed!."   (That's another regularly used word of hers - distressed.  If I had a dollar for every time I heard that one;)

Anyways, it's become a bit of a joke for us to tease her about her awkwardness so I figured this T-shirt was the perfect way to celebrate the end of her Junior High Career.  


It says, " I came. I saw. I made it Awkward."  

Naturally I had to get a T-shirt for me too because well... who'd Abby inherit her awkwardness from if not her even more awkward momma.   (At least there is still hope that Abby will outgrow this whole phase of life, I on the other hand am doomed.)   

There is not much we can do but laugh at/with ourselves! ;)


No comments: