Sunday, August 6, 2017

July Highlights- {Part of our Summer 2017 Top 10}


And just like that (snap) July was gone!   
Seriously, if only January, February or March could fly by as quickly as July does.   

We were blessed with an amazing July.  A.MAZ.ING!   
Most of the month was sent with a few of John's siblings and their families.   All of those adventurous weeks have a journal entry of their very own;)   Listed below are a few of the July Highlights that happened in between fun with family:

1.  Teslas, Rodeos and Naamtok


There was one Monday in July where I needed to go to Calgary for an appointment.   John agreed to come with me and I was SO glad that he did.  I don't think him and I had ever planned a trip to the city together without our kids before.  Why the heck not??  It was fun!!!

We booked appointments to test drive a Tesla and I still find myself thinking about that fun car.
Of course John is obsessed with these so I have to curb my enthusiasm to counterbalance his "crazy" but it really really was a very cool vehicle.   


We both got to put it in Auto and drive around Calgary with little effort at all!
Even better - we got out of the car at the end and watched it "auto park" in this tight space all by itself.   For $140k I could never have to struggle to park my car again!!!   Easy Peasy;)


Our visit to Calgary also coincided with the annual (and famous) Calgary Stampede. 
We paid an entrance fee with intentions of just walking around and exploring a bit, however, within minutes we found a couple that was trying to sell off their tickets for a grandstand show starting right away.  The price was good and the timing was perfect - so we allowed ourselves to get caught up in the Rodeo Fun.  


I could have sat in that stand all day, what with the smell of manure and hot dogs and popcorn  (... and maybe beer?) floating all around me.   haha.   So so much fun!    

Despite the fun we were having, we made sure we left in time to get out to my Brother's house for a quick visit.   He'd texted us and told us that Heather would make Naamtok (my all time favorite Thai cuisine) for us if we stopped by and that pretty much settled things.   

Naamtok.....   Hmmmmm....


The food was delicious and the company was delightful.  
This day had undoubtedly been one of my favorites in all of July from start to yummy finish!!


2.  Country Crooner

Perhaps motivated by our recent visit to the Stampede, I dusted off my old 6 string Fender and asked John to give me a lesson.   Years ago, my brother had sold his trumpet at a pawn shop and purchased this guitar for me.   It seemed only right that I not give up on my dream of being a country singer;)  haha
 I learned some of the scale and 3 chords.   


Haven't touched it again since, but I look at it every day and love it.  




3.  Garden Fun
For the first year ever we have not had a garden.  Boo.  (and Wahhhh!!!)  
Oh how I miss planting and weeding and digging.   
Luckily my Father in Law has brought some produce by occasionally and I've even managed to snag some goods from the Hutterites and local farmers as well. These delicious beet greens were picked up at the Farmers market last week.   

Hmmm....nothing says summer like beet greens and chard!



4.  Playtime
It has been a fun summer for the local Theatre.   They are showing three plays (Music Man, Into the Woods and Sherlock) and we've been able to see them all!   My personal favorite was definitely Sherlock;)  I took Jessica with me to watch Music Man because many of her classmates were in it.   


Here she is with her darling friend (and budding actress;) Sophie!

Sophie and Jess got together this past week and set up a Lemonade stand. 
Only I didn't have Lemonade on hand so they sold Fruit Punch instead!   haha


I absolutely LOVE how they decorated the punch bowl!

It's been a hot hot summer (30+ degrees for days and days) and I can't think of a better way to pass the time then with a friend and cup of lemonade fruit punch.



No comments: