As previously mentioned, thanks to John's brother Aaron's generosity, we found ourselves facing the end of the summer with two of these beauties in our garage - just BEGGING to be used! You can rest assured that the moment we had a chunk of spare time, we hauled these things to their new home away from home (Waterton of course;) and took them out on their maiden voyage.
The timing of this coincided perfectly with the kids' annual "Cousin Camp" at my sister's house, which meant that John and I could take this first trip sans enfants. In other words- we each got a board all to ourselves. We didn't have to share with the kids at all!!!! (neener neener neener;)
It was a perfectly calm evening (a glorious event in the mountains in and of itself) and so we took advantage of the still water on Upper Waterton lake.
We paddle boarded for hours!!
The pictures don't prove it - but I did actually paddle board standing up, but I also found it super relaxing to just sit on it and drift around as the evening wore on.
Heck - I even laid down on it and let the water take my board wherever it wanted to while I stared aimlessly up at the sky.
The whole business of "floating aimlessly" is too unproductive for John though. He always has to be doing something. Imagine my shock when I saw that he'd actually managed to bring his fishing gear along. hahaha
We paddle boarded towards Goat Haunt, saw parts of the shoreline we'd never gotten to see before and watched the sun set.
Perfect.
That's what it was.
I'm pretty sure we will be doing this again real soon.
(Though I'm afraid we may have to bring the kids along;)
No comments:
Post a Comment