Sunday, November 26, 2017

Speaking of Christmas!!!

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas around these here parts.  

As I type this (please note it is November 26th;) I am three presents away from being completely FINISHED with my Christmas shopping!!!   What I've purchased is all wrapped and hidden under my bed.   What I've ordered will be wrapped as it arrives.   What I need to still buy is for the three most hard to shop for men in my life:  Sam, John and my Father in Law.   
I'm positively stumped.  

Still though, I'm determined to find their gifts this week so that all I have to worry about in December is Christmas Baking!!!

Speaking of baking -
 I had this super fun activity with my beehives where we had a cookie expert come and show us how to decorate cookies with a fancy royal icing.   The girls had so much fun and the cookies turned out SO well!    They were almost too cute to eat;)


Speaking of too cute - 
Nate has been obsessively dressing up as Santa Clause every single day.  It all started when he realized that Abby's Halloween cape was made of the same fabric has his new found Santa hat.  That's all he needed to take things to the next level.   He dresses up any chance he gets.  In fact, one day I was coming home from work only to spot Nate - racing down the street across from the temple, dressed as old St.Nick, waving to all the passing vehicles.    
Note to self - I really need to remember to beat him home from school each day.   


Speaking of Remembering - 

Jess and I switched up the Christmas decor this year and tried to add something new to our tree. 
We scoured our old photos and found several dozen images of us enjoying nature as a family.  Some of these pictures are of us travelling somewhere new together, hiking in our favorite places, or exploring with extended family.  Each photo is a memory and helps us remember some of the dearest times!   I love sitting by our tree and looking at these old black and white pictures.  
Next year I'd like to take these photos and mod podge them on to thin wooden discs.  (Just looking for a branch that is large enough to do the trick;)


This is going to be our first Christmas here in the Holt's home.   
They have messaged me and let me know that they have been asked to extend their mission a little bit more, which means we may be here until July 2019.   I find myself, at times, looking forward to a day when we can call our home our own, but this place will suit us just fine for a Christmas or two;) 


No comments: