Jessica is a doll. An absolute doll!!
(It's important to state that right off the bat.)
A couple of weeks ago, I'd had a really rough week. Nothing major, just a real "down on myself" sort of a time and as the week drew to an end, I found myself discouraged, depleted and about ready to have a pre- Christmas meltdown of epic proportion.
I got home from work that Friday afternoon to a cute, dimply faced little girl who desperately wanted to go to Waterton.
Just a few minutes later - John, Jess and I were on our way!
I've only been out to the park a couple of times since the Kenow fire but every time I go, I see a little bit more beauty and I am increasingly encouraged. There was not a lot of snow up there, but it was cool and windy enough to require that we bundle up nice and warm.

Waterton brings out Jessica's biggest and brightest smiles;)

Though the mountains are probably packed with snow now (thanks to a week of heavy snowfall) it was pretty bare and dry during our visit. We opted for a stroll around Linet Lake because, well, it's pretty much the only short stroll we could do within the park boundary.
I keep hoping that trails will be opened up this spring, which may be wishful thinking considering the amount of dead fall and precariously trees that still dot the landscape.

I think there is something rather pretty about the blackened forests though.
It's sad and all, but there is something really inspiring about watching nature grow back.
It's sad and all, but there is something really inspiring about watching nature grow back.
I love noticing stubborn green blades of grass break out through the charred ground, the red wintry berries that provide a stunning and hopeful contrast, and the signs of wildlife returning to the park.
Mother Nature really is so splendid.
Whether through a brilliant display of destruction, or a breathtaking sign of healing and regrowth - this world of ours really is a beautiful force to be reckoned with.
This day was exactly what the Doctor ordered!
No comments:
Post a Comment