I mentioned in my previous entry that we got possession on June 21st and began moving our life to our new home that very day. On June 22nd we were able to visit with Johns sister Sarah, her husband Ed and their boys. On June 23 John's brother Aaron came for a three-day stay and brought our nephew Luke along with him. On June 28 we were able to have John's sister Rachel and her family stay with us.
I wouldn't have normally planned for company during a move, but it truly proved to provide us with the reprieve we needed during an otherwise very unbalanced week. During a week of 2 am bedtimes and boxes, and trips from one house to another - I can not adequately convey how nice it was to have family stop in to bring us back to reality and provide us with moments where we could be reminded of what matters most.
Sarah and Ed and fam had taken on an adventurous trip to Glacier National Park so Sarah and Caleb could bike the famous Going to the Sun Road. We drove down to meet them for some Huckleberry shakes and Pie and of course catch up with one of our favorite families!

Aaron had one request when he came to visit and that was that he and Luke fish as much as possible, which was pretty much music to John's ears;) It was SO fun having Luke with us.

Often when we get together with John's family it is with a whole group of us, which is always a party, but I love, love, LOVE the individual single family visits most. It gives me an opportunity to really connect more sincerely than I do amidst a large group, and I gotta say - Luke is a party and a half. My kids are still laughing about some of his hilarious antics.

The Steven's family definitely got the most unpacked and calm version of our family that week, but that isn't saying much. Sam was at young men's camp, Nate had a weekend-long baseball tournament in the city, and John and I were still secretly making late night loads from our old house to this one.
Still though- it was nice to stop, visit, play and laugh.
What better way to break in the new digs, than with family!
No comments:
Post a Comment