May and June. Wow.
I've started to think that May/June are just as busy as the Christmas season - only without the soothing holiday lights! We've mostly been kept so busy this month because of the many sports that our kids had been involved in.
Jess played on a softball team for the first time ever and she really really enjoyed it!
She was a strong player and an even stronger teammate, constantly cheering on the other girls and rallying them together.

She has so much athletic ability and absolutely zero competitiveness or jealousy - which I think is a killer combination.

She ran fast at Track and Field this year too. (I wish I could have watched her, but had to be at work.)
She is just dynamite!
She is just dynamite!
Nate played baseball again this year and really grew as a player. He did have a kick-butt coach if I do say so myself;)

I actually really LOVED going to watch Nate's games because they were only ever an hour long. Just the right length of time for a baseball game;)
I adore that squishy little kid!
Sam had a jam-packed, crazy busy month or two. He played basketball, went to zones for Badminton, played on a Baseball team, competed in a school-sponsored triathlon, and went to zones for track and field.
No wonder he is so skinny!! haha

I really really LOVED watching him play baseball. He loves pitching and got a few opportunities to do that this season.
He is a fast runner and a particularly good big brother. I was so grateful to hear of all the times he watched out for Jessica this year as they attended the same school together.

He has a good core group of friends who are all so athletic.

Unlike Jessica, Sam does have a fiercely competitive streak and he really pushes himself.

He has started working out and can't wait to move up to the High School this fall, mostly because it will mean he will be allowed to access the weight room.
I've really been proud of all he has tackled and the respectful way that he has handled every up and down of each game/event. He's a good kid, this one!

That's our month of sports in a nutshell.
Life on the bleachers has been good!
No comments:
Post a Comment