As I type this, Sam is in Medicine Hat participating in his last Basketball tournament of the season.
For the second half of the season, I've hardly been able to watch him play, but I have so looked forward to the moments when he would come home and tell me all about the game.
Sometimes he would come home bummed because Coach hardly played him at all.
Other times he would come home elated about how things went and how he did.
We've spent a lot of time talking about this spot.
We've talked about the importance of playing for the team, of refraining from criticizing the refs, of respecting coaches, of not diving headfirst into hotel pools and not getting discouraged or "checking out" even though baseball season is just around the corner...


Lots and lots of conversation between John, Sam and I.
And most of it...was never really about basketball.
No comments:
Post a Comment