Sam has been waiting for this birthday for a long while.
For months he has said things like, "Just wait until I have my license" and, my favorite, "When I have my license, your life will be so much easier." I'd always nod and agree, knowing full well that though life with another driver could be more convenient, it would most certainly be anything but easier.
16 always hits me hard. In my mind, it is the beginning of the end.
(At least "the end" of being needed the way this momma likes being needed.)
Still, I tried to find it in me to celebrate this milestone.
In addition to our annual birthday wall of fame (or shame, depending on the photo) we also got to celebrate Sam's special day with some extra special company!
Max, the Stevens' (who recently moved to town) AND the Allens joined us!!!!!
Sarah and Ed came up from Montana for the weekend. We LOVED actually having company!
And words can not describe the love we had for Sarah's breakfast burritos.
(Eggs, bacon, potato, black beans...all the things Sam likes, rolled into one.)
Happy Birthday indeed!




No comments:
Post a Comment