Monday, November 15, 2021

Halloween

 I love/hate Halloween.

I love the crisp autumn feeling, the apple cider, caramel apples, and handing out candy to the most adorable trick or treaters. 

What I hate though - is trying to make sure that my kids, my hubby, and  I all have something to dress up as. This task used to be a lot more challenging, mind you because my kids used to actually need my help with it all, but still, it just kinda nags at me. Where I used to have to spend days and days sewing and creating elaborate concoctions for them all, now I spend days and days pleading with them to settle on an idea, in case I need to sew, create or concoct. 

As it turned out - 

Jessica and her friends went as gangsters, so...not a huge effort was needed. (For Jess, it was more about the vibe than the outfit;)



Sam threw on a pair of pajamas. (Uh...thanks, buddy)



Nate and his friends all dressed as hippies, which apparently thirty other people at the Junior High did as well. (It must have looked like Woodstock in those hallways that day!)



John made his own costume and went as "Major Monogram" at the request of one of his students. John was flattered to be asked to join their group, but only wore his costume for about 20 minutes before leaving for a volleyball tournament. 


I (and two other EAs) went as the Three Musketeers. 



Abby and her roommates dress up as the Sun, the Moon, and the Stars.
I love that she is enjoying her time with her roomies.



And radar- well..he just made me happy all day long.


I think I'll just focus on dressing the dog, in years to come!


No comments: