This was a momentous day.
My LAST kid got braces.
Growing up, my family was very poor and I was in desperate need of braces but it just couldn't be a priority until later in my teen years. As a result, I had them from the age of 16 -20. That was a hard time for me but I sure am grateful that my dad was able to make it happen.
The fact that we have been able to put braces on all of our kids is a blessing that I don't take lightly. I LOVE seeing my kids smile and I am so grateful that we have had good coverage that has allowed for the needed work to be done.
I am mostly grateful though, that there is a light at the end of this very arduous and expensive tunnel.
One more year and we'll be done!!!
Nate wasn't the only one who had dental work done this past fall. Sam got his wisdom teeth taken out and it was a hilarious experience to watch, as a mother. I like these moments in life when my kids get just a little laid up with a temporary affliction. These moments seem to humble them just enough to remember that they need their mommy."
Sam was a real trooper. His teeth were a challenge to remove and required surgery. Sam was so certain that the sedation was not going to affect him. He didn't believe that any mere drug could really take him out, or incapacitate him. It won't work, he insisted.
I'll never forget the funny way the nurse helped my drugged up boy get into the car or the way Sam then turned to me and with slow, exaggerated and groggy surprise, stumbled out the muffled words - "I didn't even get to ONE!"
That was a happy mom moment.


No comments:
Post a Comment