Wednesday, May 24, 2023

Post Christmas Party

Oh this trip was fun!

Abby had to go back to Edmonton on boxing day, so we made a plan to go up and join her for a few days. (Keep the party going, ya know?) Thankfully, the cold snap that had settled over Alberta dissipated right in time for our trip and we were actually able to enjoy this time together!

First, we had to pop by the nearest "Giving Machine" that the church had set up in a mall in Calgary. We bought a goat for someone, which was oddly fulfilling and totally worth the stop. 



Once we got to Edmonton we went straight to Abby's house. Her five other roommates had all gone home to be with their families, so we welcomed having a free place to stay! We spent those few days skating at Hawrelak Park, eating out, visiting West Edmonton Mall, and going to the Zoo Lights event at the Edmonton Zoo.


Abby has been working as an interpreter at the zoo this past semester and it was fun to get some VIP access to some of the features and to hear her talk about some of the animals that she has grown to love. I have no doubt that Abby has been a great employee here and I'm glad she has found such a great path for herself as she begins the preparation for a mission. 

 Sam took it upon himself, every chance he got, to tap on the glass, and generally do all the things possible to upset Abby, but I suppose that is par for the course when we all adventure together. Never a dull moment, and in the end, I like to think they all love being together as much as I do. 


Though Abby didn't join us on the trip home, she was with me in my heart, especially as we stopped at the Calgary to do some baptisms for the dead and dine at Kinjo.


As I've said before, the best things in life start and end with FAMILY...but Kinjo helps too;)

 

No comments: