Friday, June 16, 2023

April = Family

April was full of many meaningful moments, some of which I will share in upcoming posts. I would hate to leave out the following memories, as they were equally important to my family. 


I'm actually not entirely sure why this first picture made it into this post. Perhaps it is because I wanted to remember how funny Sam has come to be, how every evening he has us in stitches with some silly antic or another, usually dragging Nate and Jess into the wildness as well.

Or maybe I had simply wanted to share it before raving about the awesome brother, friend, and cousin he is to so many. Little kids adore him and I can see why. How many young men do you know that would allow a handful of giggly girls to put makeup on him and then take a picture? 

For a kid who caused me a lot of parenting grief, he's really made me laugh, lately.



April brought about the passing of my Aunt Colleen Mauceri. She is my Dad's sister and it was especially sweet to travel up to Calgary, meet up with my siblings and several cousins, and celebrate her life. 


It is moments like these that remind me how sacred family bonds really are.


My siblings have all been trying to meet once a month for dinner. Each sibling takes turns hosting. It has been so fun getting to connect and getting the cousins together. 
This is a special group of people to me!


Family really matters most of all!

 

No comments: