Saturday, February 3, 2024

Letter to My Missionaries

Sora Hardy and Elder Hardy,

I hope that you both are well. It has been an interesting week here as Dad and Jess started a new semester. They've both got full loads this time around, but thankfully there are many extensive breaks this term that will hopefully soften the blow. 

I don't know if we experiencing side effects of El Nino or Global Warming, but it has been unseasonably warm and dry. Aside from the week of -40 degrees we had recently, it has been a mild winter. This past week, Nate broke out the moped and started taking that to and from school. Who drives a moped in February? It's been good for him to be able to use it. Radar has been in heaven, getting to go on longer walks and enjoying all the muddy places. Birds are out and flowers are budding out of the unfrozen ground. No joke. Last week we had a day when it was 15 degrees and people were wearing T-shirts and shorts. You would think it was spring already! It's a little concerning actually as water tables are low and everybody worries that farmers and ranchers won't have enough moisture when they need it this spring and summer. It rained all day today and another winter storm is supposed to roll through tonight, so hopefully that helps. 

Dad performed his first civil marriage today. He was a little bit excited about that and did a phenomenal job!

Jessica had a tournament in Calgary this weekend and brought home the Tournament MVP award. (Yay, Jess!) On Wednesday, there was no school so Jessica and I headed out to Waterton. The Kilmorey Lodge has introduced a year-long challenge called "The IronBear Challenge." Those who join the challenge have to climb Bear's Hump every month for 12 months and post pictures on the Kilmorey Facebook page as proof. Once you have completed your 12 consecutive hikes- you get a T-shirt. Jess and I are all in and hiked Month #1 on the last day of January. After the hike, Jess took an unintentional dip in Emerald Bay, which we will gracefully call "another polar dip." Even in Waterton, the snow levels are low and the grass is turning green. 

I'll sign off now and leave you a few pictures. We think of you both every day. I know you hear me say that often, but we do. I am teaching Nate's Sunday School class tomorrow and we will be discussing 1 Nephi 16-18. It's past midnight (Jess is late again) and here I am crying as I read about Nephi and the challenges that he faced as he and his family obeyed the Lord. I know that our lives are full of hard feelings and hard moments, but God has promised to help us and guide us and He always keeps His promises. (1 Nephi 17:13).  WE LOVE YOU!!!  EmojiEmojiEmoji

Here if you need me,
Mom





 

No comments: