Sora Hardy and Elder Hardy- it's been an entertaining week, to say the least. I'll try to update you quickly because I know that your time matters:
Dad- continues to balance work/bishop life remarkably well. It is almost as though God has been building his stamina and preparing him for this very time in his life. The Bible phrase "for such a time as this" (Esther 4:14) comes to me often when I think of Dad.
Jessica- came down with the flu from "H-E-Double Hockey Sticks" this week. I don't think I have ever seen one of you as weak as she was. I woke up around 3:30 am on Tuesday am to the sound of her puking, only to find out that she'd already puked 16 times before that. It was so bad that she'd moved a pillow and blanket into the bathtub and tried to sleep there. Around 6 am she tried going downstairs and literally couldn't make it. She passed out, right there on one of the middle steps, eventually coming to and moving back up to my bed. It was hard to watch her be so unwell. She tried her best to recover during the week and on Thursday she left for a 3-day tournament (Western Canada) in Calgary. They lost their games on Thursday and Friday thankfully, the girls won their last match AND Jess got "Player of the Game," so ...her week ended better than it started! 





Nate- This guy cracks me up. He joined the Junior High this past week on a ski trip. I'm amazed at how you all can go months and years without skiing and then just go pick it up like it's no big deal. Sam, you would be proud of how diligent he is with his working out. He hates missing a day and has yet to be thrown out of the Blue & White Fitness Center. So far, so good. He had a party here last night (Friday night) and within minutes of everyone arriving, they had the razor out and were taking turns BUZZING Nate's head! John and I were up in our room, watching a movie, when a bunch of Nate's friends came knocking on the door asking us to come fix him. He no longer looks like Flynn Rider, and instead resembles a cross between Zac Low & Ryan Zemp. I actually think it looks really good! Nate and I got up at 5 am this morning and went to Calgary to watch Jessica's final game. (Nate drove the whole time!) It was cute to see Jess smile when we walked into the gym. She and her teammates were just really digging Nate's cut.



Me- I turned in my LAST assignment and attended my last Zoom class EVER this week. It was thrilling to consider that 4.5 years of assignments have come to an end. The only thing I have left to do is an 8-week practicum. Still a challenge that scares me, but it felt good to see an end in sight.
Other News-
-Lucy Nunn's farewell is tomorrow. Nate, Jess, and I will attend their meeting to hear her speak, and then they invited us to stay for the luncheon.
-We are also cooking up a storm, prepping a lot of food to take to the Stevens' to eat while watching the Superbowl. Basically, we will all be 10 pounds heavier when we talk with you next. 

- I am getting ready to FILE taxes! (One of my favorite times of the year!) Hopefully, your T4 slips all make it here. Abby- It may help if you message your former roomies and ask them to bring any of your mail to me!

-Radar and I have been enjoying the progress that Blackcard Construction is making on the new condos they are building in town. You will be happy to know that Radar's hair is thankfully growing back!
Okay, this letter ran long. I hope you were able to read it all! Tell me if you want me to go back to the old method of weekly updates.
We love you so much. We think of you several times throughout every day. We pray for you morning and night, and every time we eat - (AKA...constantly!) We are SO proud of you and SO thankful for all that you teach us!



Here if you need me,
Mom






No comments:
Post a Comment