My brother and sister in law went away for a few days in May and we signed on to watch their kids for them. For the most part, Nate and Jess both had other commitments so it often fell on John and I to keep our three visitors company.
One day, we ordered chicken strips and fries from the four fast food chains in town and rated each one.
I think we determined that KFC had the best chicken and the best fries. Who knew?
We took the kids in to the wave pool in Lethbridge. It's been years since we did the YMCA. It made me wish I had little kids again.
We stopped at Crumbl for some more sampling fun.
And on our final day together, we went to Waterton where we window shopped and snacked on poutine and beaver balls.
Despite the fact that John and I were a little tuckered out at the end of those few days, they were such good kids and we enjoyed having little ones to look after again.
Perhaps a glimpse of what it might be like one day, with Grandkids to love and entertain!
(From my lips to God's ears.)
No comments:
Post a Comment