Only two more days until Valentines Day! I can't wait! I am a real succor for Holidays. It doesn't matter which one. I just love getting to teach my kids about the significance of each celebration, and seeing their enjoyment gives me the best feeling. Tomorrow Abby is having a Party at preschool. I remember those parties so well. No, doubt she will come home with a handmade envelope full of cute little Valentines. I will be, eh-he... I mean SHE will be so excited to look at every single one. Ohhhhhh!!!!!
I made a bunch of these cinnamon succors this past week, so we put this Valentines Bouqet together for her teacher. Hope she likes cinnamon...my family sure doesn't! Happy Valentines day to all of you that I know and Love. Isn't it great!!
I hope John gets me something good! We'd agreed not to really buy eachother anything this year, but I totally got him something and it was SOOO expensive!
HEE HEE
(k only kidding...I just wanted to make him panic for a sec;)
Sugar Cookie Recipe for Laura and anyone else!

K Laura sorry for deleting this recipe. I'm glad you liked it. Here it is for you again:
1/2 cup butter, 1 egg, 1 1/2 cups flour, pinch of salt, 1/2 cup sugar, 2 Tbsp milk, 1Tsp baking powder, 1tsp vanilla. Cream together, cut in shapes and bake at 350 for 8 minutes.
HERE IS A GOOD TIP: I made these the other day and I didn't have any milk so I used 2 Tbsp of sour cream instead. They were fantastic. Also when you make your icing, add a tsp or two of almond extract to the icing. Yummm.
8 comments:
ha ha! I never thought of doing that! Way to make John shake!
That's great that you had a little outside time! I can't wait until we get a bit of nice weather! Bring on the warm weather!
your sucker bouquet is amazing. Her teacher will love it. I love every holiday too..I made your sugar cookie recipe and it was so good. They were different then ones I have made before....softer and they got bigger while they cooked. I was wondering if I could get that recipe again.That would be awesome.
oops sorry laura. I'll post that recipe again:)
thanks so much....
and...I love your recipe tips. Just love them...
I was going to comment yesterday that our weather was beautiful too and hopefully spring was on the way. However, we got about 7 inches of snow between 7 and 8 this morning and it is still coming down. Any melting that occurred yesterday has long since been made up for. I am unable to throw the snow up to the top of the drifts that line our driveway now. I just hope that it will pack down enough to avoid an avalanche in the front yard!
I can see the headlines now. "Small family disapears in driveway..."
Great new look on your blog Tan. What a "sweet" teacher gift. Were you keeping that secret so I wouldn't copy you? I guess it worked, cause I TOTALLY would have. So cute.
Post a Comment