I have been doing a lot of reading lately, and that is unusual. Infact I think I've read more books in the past two months then I have in the past decade. My most enjoyable reads this past month or so have been the Twilight series by Stephanie Meyer. Seriously! Not since the "Babysitters Club" have I been so excited by a series of books. It is all about vampires, and werewolves and I have to admit that I have gotten sort of swept up in the world of the supernatural. Examples of this:
For starters I think I may have developed a teensy little crush on one of the few GOOD vampires. His name is Edward and he is a dream! That said, not all vampires are good-infact most are deadly. I'm suddenly too scared to go outside and start the van in the mornings. The thought of a "bad one" lurking just inside our garage has me terrified. I find myself seriously contemplating what I would do if I ever did come across a vampire. Of course, I'd be a goner. Apparantly, they move like lightning! Last night I reached an all time low, when my 2 year old woke up during the night. I walked back to his room, layed down with him and rubbed his arm until he fell back to sleep. When he was out again, I just layed there, desperately wanting to return to my own warm and comfortable bed, yet the thought of venturing out into our dark hallway had me paralyzed. So there I stayed, on that cheap IKEA mattress, (curled up in the fetal position), blankets over my head, listening for any sound that might of been caused by a vampire or werewolf. I pretty much acted like a 6 year old. Is that crazy or what? Don't worry, this morning I woke up feeling like a complete idiot. Not to mention the kink in my neck.
I forgot how great it was to just get lost in the make believe world of a book! Anyways, I finished the last book this morning. Shortly after that, Sam crawled out of his bed and threw up...a half hour later Jessica did the same...and I'm feeling sick as well.
I guess it is back to real life for me!!
________________________________________________________________
On another note, I was tagged by my sister in-law Kristen. I'm out of fresh answers for these "tags" so I'm going to have to dig a bit deepeer.
Seven things you may not have known about myself and/or my family:
1. I am in love...with a vampire:)))
2. In Junior High my friends (ok everyone:) called me "Mel." It was short for "MALnutrition." Yes I was a bit scrawny, but honestly they maybe took it a bit far. To this day I still plan to take my kids out of school in time for those hideously awkward junior years, and then return them to the public system, unscarred and confident, by grade 11:) I wonder if John will have a problem with that?
3. The only thing I really truly fear is...everything I can't control. :)
4. Deep...deep...deep down it bothers me when people comment on how much our kids look like John. I mean, true he is the better looking one, but I did do all the work for those long 9 months!!
5. We are very nomadic in nature. We've been married for six years and have moved NINE times. It seems only fitting that the first home we purchased would be a "mobile" one:))
6. Our dream vacation would be to rent an RV and drive across the country to PEI stopping everywhere inbetween.
7. I think John is the most amazing person I know. There is nothing that he can't do. He can fix, build, create ANYTHING. He's practically superman
7 comments:
That was an awesome post Tan. Had me laughing the whole way through. Hope today you start to feel better!!!! Nothings worse than sick kids....and feeling sick yourself on top of that has got to be the worst!
I am just finishing up Eclipse. They are sooooo good. It is fuuny that when you read these books you start to think.......maybe VAmpires really do exist. Edward is sooo wonderful......Darren will pretend to bite my arm and I am like what are you doing? He is all.......you like that kind of stuff now don't you?.......then I laugh really hard. I love hearing anything anyone has to say about the books.
I hope you guys get feeling better soon.
I was always teased for being too skinny. I had a musical theater teacher pull me aside once to ask if I was annorexic. I was so insulted. I eat so much and could not beleive the accusation. I have decided that calling someone skiiny is just as mean as calling them fat.
Sorry for the novel.
I hope you and your kids get feeling better soon. That was the one thing I never wanted to deal with before I had kids, was cleaning up vomit. The rest of your post was hilarious. I have been meaning to read those books but haven't been able to get my hands on one, maybe this summer while we are away I will.
I can definetly see a bit of you in your kids. I know what you mean, I feel the same way though. Nobody ever seems to say that there is any similarity between me and my kids. My boys both look look so different and yet manage to both look like Rob. Figure that one out. :)
This post was great! I've never read those books, but might just have to now! I am the same way after a scary movie! Too funny! Loved your 7 things about you! I remember you telling me the story of the nickname "Mel" - kids! I hope you and your kids get feeling better soon, being sick and sick kids is about the WORST thing EVER!
Oh dear Tanis! That was hilarious. I learned quickly to separate the real from the fiction when I was younger. I was reading in the bathroom in the basement and as I finished the line "Suddenly the lights went out...", our power was suddenly and inexplicably gone and I was alone in the dark bathroom not knowing what was coming next! The only problem now is that in order to be able to separate real from fiction I have to finish intense books in one sitting...thankfully I read fast!
I am STILL waiting for our library to get those books to me. Since you are raving about them, and everyone else is too, I may just have to go buy them from our bookstore in Fernie so I can get started on them!
I'm commenting again - I LOVE your new blog look...I need to update mine too! Awesome!
Hey Tanis - have you read chapter one of Midnight Sun? It is the story of Twilight from Edward's point of view apparently and Stephanie Meyer has posted the first chapter for us to read. I liked it - dare I say MORE than Twilight (so far anyway). I still haven't had a chance to read the others in the series...I may have to check that my name is still on the waiting list!
http://tinyurl.com/6ynqw8
Post a Comment