Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Fathers Day to all you DADS!


It wouldn't be Father's Day without celebrating the most important "Dad" in my life - the father of my children. I don't know what to say about John that wouldn't sound corny. The kids adore him and he has this amazing ability to just PLAY with them. Sure he likes to get the kids all riled up and hyper before bed - but (despite the fact that I shake my head in frustration)- it is one of my favorite moments of the day. I have no doubt that one day, when our kids are all grown up, they will look back and feel gratitude for all that John is and was for them, as a Dad and a Man. He's better then me in every way. Happy Fathers Day hun!


I also am blessed to have an amazing Father in law who teaches us daily about service. He has such a good heart and truly desires to do good for others. He has been my mentor this past couple of months as I've begun my garden and he has patiently tried to pass on some of his skills! Our kids are lucky to live close to him. Right now he is visiting some of his grand kids in the states. We hope you have a great fathers day grandpa!



I spend lots of time on days like this thinking about my Dad. It is weird to me how all those years growing up- I never really appreciated all that my Dad did for me. Now when I think of him I have the fondest memories of family outings, traditions, and sacrifices that he made for my siblings and myself. I wish I could tell him how much I love and ADMIRE him!

So make sure you all phone your Dad's today and let them know how great they are.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet post Tan!

CHEMTD said...

Great post Tan.