Everything is in bloom and I love it!


An old roommate of mine came into town today. Her family joined mine for lunch and then we babysat for them while they went to a session at the temple. It was fun to reminisce about the old days. I loved attending school in Edmonton, and living with so many awesome girls over that four year period. I once sat down to count the number of roommates I'd lived with in total and it was at least 34. (35 if you count my brother who was homeless for one summer and secretly spent the nights up in the attic room.)
Now, I only ever lived with 13 girls at one time, but some of those girls I sure grew to love! It was fun to see Karen today. My sister in law Rachel has just gotten engaged. She let me take a couple of pictures of her and her fiance and let me tell ya, I had the FUNNEST time doing so. I probably had more fun then them, so kudos to the cute couple for putting up with me. We bought a swanky camera months ago and I'm just barely starting to learn how to really use it. But oh boy I'm having fun! Sure it helps when the subject your shooting is as beautiful as Rach is - how could a pic of her go wrong eh? (Hopefully she doesn't mind if I post some)


So I'm wanting to start taking more photos and learning more about this whole photography thing. Ideally my main interest is wildlife and landscape photography. However due to the fact that I'm extremely afraid of wildlife encounters I may have to settle for learning how to take a killer family photo instead. So if any of you are wanting some family pics, I'm wanting some practice. It'd be free! Totally amateur and mediocre...but free;)
3 comments:
Your yard looks awesome! Good job! What are the chances...my sister and I have just started up our life long dream of doing photography (a blog is on it's way)...it's quite a passion of mine too. I love all your landscape pictures, good job!
It's fun to reminisce about the good old days! I remember getting to know you a bit while I visited Kathy and Amanda. I love the pictures of your yard - it's worth all the work isn't it?
yikes.... those are some OLD pictures
Post a Comment