Bottom line is that politics recently seems to be more about bullying, dodging and manipulating then anything else. They are ALL equally petty and guilty of dirty play. If the party leaders put as much effort into environmental, health care, or economical issues as they do in how to get rid of each other, then maybe we'd have a functioning government longer then 6 weeks!
Someone help me understand why this government is not working. I don't mean that rhetorically. Please anyone, I really want to know.
I was going to post a link to my sister- in law's blog because she wrote very passionately against a coalition government, but I didn't want to do that without her permission, so if she is ok with everyone reading her rant then she can add a link in the comment section. Instead here is a Rant from good ol' Rick, who offers a different perspective. I have to say I agree with both sides, which has been crumby. I'm afraid in this case- it's been hard for me to define who is MORE WRONG and MORE dirty then the other. Then again, I really don't have to decide anything (enter lethargic attitude) because WE aren't the ones deciding anymore. We are just observers in this country watching a really bad sports match that won't END. So I guess all I have to do is sit back and watch the game. Who knows who's court the ball will land in - but chances are it won't be there long.
Rick's Rant:
http://www.cbc.ca/mercerreport/video.html?maven_playerId=rmrseason6player&maven_referralParentPlaylistId=67c7d02ddecec9284b96e9071a249a58b36737f0&maven_referralPlaylistId=57e422921c5ac7c67be857d1389a78df01311c86&maven_referralObject=947975116
Signed,
Confused and tired of it all
6 comments:
I totally agree with you about all the pettiness. If these men put all the energy into actually governing the country, we'd be a lot better off!
I think my biggest objection to the coalition, isn't so much that I necessarily agree wholeheartedly with the conservatives, it's the dirty politics behind it. We were at the polls less than two months ago and we voted. That should count for something. It's like a slap in the face for these three washed up politicians (one of whom, doesn't even have the support of his own party) to decide for all Canadians that we somehow made a mistake in our choice. They are telling Canadians that what we want doesn't really matter, because they are smarter than the majority of the population. I could go on forever, but I won't!
Amen! Tanis you hit the nail on the head with how I am feeling too. Thanks for blogging it - now I don't have to!
Amen again. I think everyone is just as frustrated with the whole thing as you. Hope you found some chocolate, that might help!
I agree with Lahni! I agree with some perspectives from both sides but it doesn't matter. The point is that we are lucky to live in a democracy. We can take a stand and vote for who we think would be the best in our government. So many countries aren't that lucky and wish they were. We just did that a couple of months ago and whether all of us agree or not, the conservatives won because more people voted for them than anyone else. When a group of people decide that because they don't like what we decided so they are going to change it, that takes our choice away from us. We would no longer be a democracy. It makes me nervous honestly because I really like Canada. I hope everything works out for the best because it looks like it may no longer be in our hands.
True True. We are VERY lucky to live in a democratic country which is why I enjoy casting my vote in the first place. Perhaps this will all blow over and the parties involved will use it as a wake up call to work together. ...maybe.
I'm not too into the whole politics issue, but when things were explained to me here is one of my thoughts.
The politicians are acting like a bunch of tantrumming children, and that PM Harper is the mature adult saying that they are going to have a time out to "relax" (mom term) and then when their time outs done they can come back and talk about things.
I think our PM is doing a smart thing, and like I said before, I'm not too involved in the politics, but I do agree with Lahni. Sorry to put the whole situation to words here!
Have a great day!
Post a Comment