One of my favorite activities so far has been the Pioneer Christmas party that we attended at our local museum. It was a great afternoon, one filled with crafts, cookie decorating, sleigh rides, Christmas music, dutch oven cooking and a Christmas movie ...theatre style!
And of course what would a party be without a picture with Santa! If you cant' tell in the photo- Jessica would have been fine without that traditional visit. I swear there hasn't been a year that I haven't held my children forcing them to "be happy- it's SANTA!" Maybe I'm just trying to live through them, but honestly why WHY do kids cry at the sight of Santa? Jessica climbs to the TOP of the kids' bunk bed and leans over the railing dangerously without any fear, she runs out onto a busy street and thinks she's playing a game. Bring her near jolly old Santa though and the girl falls apart.
The sleigh ride was a favorite for all of us, and I've decided that the ONLY thing I want for Christmas is a horse. Oh and a barn to put it in. ...OK on second thought... how about, just a farm.
They had a dutch-oven cook off. I LOVE dutch oven cooking! John and I enjoyed samples of turkey, goose, hasty pudding, roasted apples, praline sweet potatoes and more. It made me feel all warm and cozy inside as we filled our tummies and then settled down with the kids to watch a Christmas Carol in the theatre. The kids had a great time and John and I did to. Therefore...a HIT! It made me wish (and this isn't the first time I've wished this), but I couldn't help but long to have lived back then. Back when things seemed so much simpler - even Christmas.
My goal for the next couple of weeks is to not let the busyness that I find myself in at times, take away from the peace I can feel at this time of year. I got a little reminder of that this weekend- and was grateful for it!
4 comments:
That sounds like so much fun. Do they do that every year? If so, we'll have to try and make it down next year!
- H
That looks sooo fun. I love the picture of you and the kids with Santa. You look so good. This was the first year that my kids did not cry when they saw Santa. I am the SAME as you. I love all the Christmas stuff and it gets so busy and I love it...but I get a little frantic too and do not want to miss any of it.
Sounds like a lot of fun! I hear ya on the busyness not taking over. I try to do that every year too...one day maybe it will happen :)
That looked like a great time. I wish we had more stuff like that out here. I will give Cardston that! Beautiful pictures...as always...you are getting so good with that camera!
Hope you are having a great time enjoying the moments of Christmas this year!
Post a Comment