Saturday, December 13, 2008

A week of achievements

A post like this is so random I had a hard time narrowing it all down into a simple catchy title. Couldn't be done. It seemed, the only common thread between all of the following updates is that each paragraph represents an achievement of gigantic proportion. So in advance kudos to all of the following:



First of all to ME. (yes me. It's my blog OK. If I can't celebrate my successes here then where I ask you. Where?! ) And believe me, this deserves praise- and no small amount of it either. Have you ever done a weeks worth of grocery shopping, AND Christmas shopping at THREE different stores in minus 30 degree temperatures with ZERO visibility? Guess what... I have! AND I didn't lose any of my kids, get mad once, or have to pull a single strand of my hair out. so you see... Yay for me.





We spent some time over at my sisters house this week, because she is AMAZING and fed us the yummiest food ever! (Cafe Rio tacos with shredded pork, a green Tomoteo sauce, and homemade gauc and salsa,) ....oh my, you know I've digressed when I start salivating all over the computer. eh hem. As I was saying, John loves going to Jewel`s house, because there they have a piano. It`s small but nonetheless it is a piano. He gravitates to that thing like a moth to a flame. Like a tornado to a trailer park. Like Ugly on a Moose as my Dad used to say. Bottom line is I think John was itching to sitting down and tickle those keys all day.
As I sat there holding my nephew and listening to him play I could not help but get chills. He`s good. Truly, if there was anything I could ever do for him that would mean something ... it would be to get him a piano. I want to give that to him so bad. Yay for him for playing it so well.





This week, Jessica has managed to wear everything BUT an actual outfit.


Despite that, she still manages to come out looking so darn CUTE! Yay for her!








Sam. Ahhh Sam. Perhaps he has accomplished more this week then any of us. He`s officially learned how to throw a ball, overhand that is. In the past he`s really made quite measly attempts that just result in pouting and sulking because he just "can`t do it right". One day I was working on the computer and the kids were playing with a ball on my bed and Sam was of course, frustrated at his inability to throw the ball effectively. I, (being the good mom I wish I really was), stopped what I was doing to teach him how to release the ball at the right time yadda yadda yadda. After a few tips, he was excited to give it a try. Let s just say that he`s a fast learner. That golf ball went flying. ....right through our bedroom window!!! It's a pretty crummy thing when your child breaks a window and you can`t even get mad about it, because you are the one to blame. Mind you, I left a few of those details out when I relayed the story to John, and seeing as John never really reads this blog, it looks like I've gotten off scott free. (YAY for me again...)



Sam redeemed himself this week though by going potty by himself TWICE in one day. ....so, in the end, YAY for HIM!





And a big yeah goes to LUCI my sister in law who has just landed a almost, not quite but practically a lead role in an upcoming local production of FOOTLOOSE. We are so proud of her! I can`t wait to brag to all the town that I am "related to ETHEL" in real life! Unless she does a terrible job playing the part, and in that case, I`ll be sure to clarify that we are, in fact, related only through marriage. :)

4 comments:

shauna said...

What a great week! I love the story of Sam and the golf ball. And congratulations to Luci...is that a production in Cardston? Terry might even enjoy Footloose...we may have to come see it!

Have a great day today! And Curtis said he's sorry he didn't call you back - that he did get the package - and he will deliver it to me on his way home this set. I'm excited!!

Jordan and Luci said...

OH Tanis...yay for you, Sam, and Jessica, but boo on your for making people think they should come to the Cardston play. You make me laugh really hard...let's not forget to say there were only 5people who tried out, so it's not that hard to get a part!

Jordan and Luci said...

Oh yeah, and thanks for the disclaimer...I'll remember when I'm famous who thought about NOT claiming me!

Dick Family said...

WOW, quite the week! You're an amazing woman Tanis!!! That shopping trip sounds like the shopping trip from Hell! ha ha! To be honest!!! ha ha!