Wednesday, January 28, 2009

A New Day

Earlier this week, as I was driving John to school, I just happened to be in the right frame of mind (aka: "calm enough"), to notice the morning sunrise. It was breathtaking. The eastern sky was lit up with the most beautiful shades of pink, red and orange imaginable. It had truly been awhile since I'd seen a sunrise like that before. I was tempted to grab my camera from the house and drive to the edge of town for a great photo to capture the moment. However, the day was already in full swing and it wasn't going to slow down for me to take some pictures. I made a promise to myself that I'd return at the EXACT time the next morning to get the desired photo.



SO.... bright and early this morning, I took John to work, this time being sure to remember the camera. I drove out a couple of minutes out of town where I thought the view would be the most spectacular, only to get a picture of this:



Sure it's pretty I guess. I mean, it's decent. But where are the REDS? The Pinks? That vibrant indigo? (What is indigo anyways. Is that a color?) Where was YESTERDAY'S sunrise?! It's then that I realized, like a complete MORON, something I probably should have learned in grade 5 science. "Oh yeah. Today is a NEW day. Perhaps the sunrise is different each day!" What a concept I've learned everyone. I'll have to remember that.


As for the rest of the day: Thanks to my AWESOME sister jewel, I was able to get into Lethbridge to do some much needed shopping without my two oldest kids. With only Jess to worry about, I was looking forward to a fun and successful trip. In theory, I was going to get to visit with my two sisters -in- law Luce and Rachel a bit which is always nice, and spend John's hard earned money. Those things alone should have made for a GREAT time. Too bad I forgot one little detail - I don't like to shop. I don't like it, and it didn't take long to remember why. In a few hours I was able to:

* spend a lot of money on food and renovation supplies. (nothing interesting if you ask me;)
* get busted trying to shop lift an empty shopping cart at winners (don't ask)
* Jess may or may not have fallen out of the cart. (ok...she did, but she was ok)
* and I may or may not have cried from embarrassment due to said "shopping cart incident" ...or I suppose...BOTH shopping cart incidents. ( I didn't cry. But I was sure red in the face. INDIGO RED to be exact!)



Believe me, it was a relief to come home and spend 5 HOURS unloading the van and putting away groceries. It meant this day of shopping was coming to an end. And the end of today is a very good thing indeed.

After all, the most important thing I learned today, is that "EVERY DAY is a NEW day." Some ... are just prettier then others!

So here is to tomorrow. A new sunrise. A less clumsy me. And not a shopping cart in sight!

4 comments:

Laura Leavitt said...

you are cute. Great picture. Got to love those days. Do you hate going red? I do...It is one thing I hate the most when my face has to betray me and show just how flustered or embarrassed I am and go red...grrrr. MY sister-in-law fell out of a Costco shopping cart when she was three and broke her arm....and her Mom is a obstetrician and felt so bad about it. They really need to make those floors softer. I hope you have a great tomorrow.

Tanis, said...

They need to make those floors softer, or I need to STRAP HER IN! One or the other;)
Luckily, no broken bones, or anything serious for Jess.

CHEMTD said...

Haha Indigo Red. That's awesome Tan.

- C

CHEMTD said...

You know how you described coming to the realization that each day is a new day, with its own sunrise?
That would have been a pretty good spot to use the phrase, "it dawned on me...".

- C

(my verification word for this comment post is, "matocre". Does that mean anything to you?)