Saturday, January 10, 2009

Kick It!


The cold weather has set in (again!). Most of my day yesterday was spent shoveling, turning up the heat, re applying socks to three cute little pairs of feet, and getting the van stuck. It was a productive day. Our finest hour came at the point of total boredom. The kids NEEDED something new to do. In desperation I let them all put on their swimsuits. Actually two out of three of my kids wear their swimsuits every day no matter WHAT I say, I just happened to bestow my approval this time.
Once they were all ready,I turned on Janis Saffel's workout CD titiled KICK IT, and we did some of this:




I decided to turn the work out off once I realized the kids were doing better at it then me.





But that wasn't before Sam pulled out THIS move!

This is NOT part of the workout.


On another note, as I was downloading those photos I found this one:


After the kids evening bathes John and I usually come across these 3 little bundles lying on the floor. They like to pretend they are "ROCKS" and my job is to move those little boulders back to their room where John is often waiting to dress them and return them to their normal state of happy little kids. The problem is that as soon as I lift and move a rock to it's room and leave to retrieve another then they all run out of their rooms and plant themselves down on the floor again like this. This routine goes on ...well as long as we have the patience to let it. The kids think it is a HOOT!

After lugging them back and forth- I'm thinking, that I don't really need a work out video after all.

Thanks anyways Janis Saffel- but I've got three kids!

11 comments:

Brianna said...

hahahaha I love those pictures!! You are so great! Love you guys!

Paula said...

I love all the little games parents come up with! Sometimes I don't have the patience to play them but they're fun to hear about! I was hoping you'd take a little longer break from blogging after Christmas so I don't feel bad not posting anything.

Joanna said...

That's such a cute little game. I totally understand the swimsuits in winter thing:) Looks like you guys are having a lot of fun!

Melissa said...

Hehe!! What a fun/entertaining idea. I wish I was more creative to I don't have to listen to "I'm Bored".

shauna said...

I have the same problem working out with my kids. Their coordination is so much better than mine. I love the rocks...sounds like something that would get rave reviews as a game around here...

Leslie said...

The rocks game is similar to what my kids do. They lay on the floor and pretend to be turtles. We have to coax them out of their shells with tickles and teasing. It is great fun.
Good luck making it through the COLD! (That is a 4 letter word, I just realized)

Lahni said...

Ain't that the truth! Who needs exercise when you have kids to chase after!

Dick Family said...

ha ha ha...crazy!!!! That's funny! I love that your kids wear swimsuits, that's way too cute! Keira asked to put hers on yesterday and I thought of you!

Heather said...

How cute. you know kids have natural advantages over us when it comes to flexibility and energy and such. If only we could be kids again. I saw that picture and wonderd who that big kid was and then I realized it was Abby. She is probably way taller then breanna now!

Lorin said...

Hey who needs Wii Fit when you've got Janis Saffel!

Matt and Amie said...

That was such a cute post. Your kids are adorable. What a fun idea! I love the pictures.