Do you want to know what the three best things about being married to a school teacher are? Well-in no particular order the 3 best things about it are:
July, August and Spring Break!!! That time off is the BEST time of year!
It has been SOOO nice to have John home all week long. No evening lesson prep. No marking. We've tackled lots of little projects around the house during the day and in the evenings we've enjoyed Lord of the Rings. Luckily I've had more good days then bad lately as far as the "morning sickness" goes. I'm sure John has appreciated having someone a little more human- like around here.
Easter weekend we brought out the picnic table. One of my FAVORITE favorite favorite things to do is eat dinner outside. The spring air is refreshing, the kids stay put longer, neighbors pass by, and cleaning up for some reason is a cinch. Love it.

Mind you we weren't expecting these little bovine buddies to join our little picnic, but ...then again... that's southern Alberta for you.

Earlier in the week, some of John's siblings planned a tinfoil dinner in Waterton. Despite the fact that the thought of leaving the house seemed like too much work for me- the thought of waterton was enticing enough. Luci made yummy tin foil dinners for everyone. Rachel brought s'mores. It was cold. There was snow. Perhaps we should have dressed the kids better. But it was so Nice!

Of course we could not have left Waterton without flying at our favorite spot. John and Jord flew those remote planes of theirs and Abby got to fly her Princess kite!

I like this pic with the hotel in the background. If I had a dollar for every photo I've taken of this hotel...
John took this photo of the kids on Sunday morning. Sundays are rough around here these days so you can appreciate the little miracle it was that all THREE were actually dressed in time for church!Other exciting news of the week: For me, the most exciting news is that I've felt a bit more human! I have good days and bad days. But not ALL BAD days anymore. Progress right. I've taken a walk around our house and I see flowers and plant popping up out of the soil everywhere. My Rhubarb I transplanted last fall actually appears to be taking, and today- I noticed my parsley popping out of the ground!
I am really Really excited to start my garden this year. I'm not sure how I'll be able to tend to it when I have a stomach the size of my house- but then again I'm married to a school teacher right? Perhaps I need to start calling it "our garden" and let john help me in it a bit more.
This was my passion last summer and i have to admit I got a bit territorial over it.
I've spent some time planning our garden for this year. There are a lot of things I want to do differently. Ahem... I mean - there are a lot of things that WE want to do differently this year. Today we actually completed phase 1 of our plan. When I say we- I mean John and my Father in law. I'll blog about it tomorrow, but I'll tell you this. It involves a chainsaw...one REALLY big poplar tree... and a very cool tow truck.
Don't worry "tree lovers"- it's all part of our Master plan!
2 comments:
Okay Tanis, I think I'm ready to believe you about spring finally being here this time.
I love Jessica's wide eyed expression in the photo of your three kids. She looks so much more grown up than the last time I saw her.
Good luck with your garden!
I hear ya, if you speak too soon you'll have a foot of snow! Hopefully all will cooperate! I'm glad you had your man home this week, I agree, it's been nice! Hopefully you continue feeling good too!
Post a Comment