Thursday, July 23, 2009

Bright Sunshiny Day

It has been HOT lately. We decided yesterday to take the kids out to try Walley's Beach again and let the kids swim in the Lake. The kids are LOVING the water these days.

Personally though, my favorite part of the day was when I made every one pull over to the side of the road so that we could take advantage of the most vibrant canola field EVER! You know you are a true "blogger" when every thing becomes a "Photo Opportunity" to you!

John was so patient. But that's probably because he knows it's no use. Why fight me on it? :)

I LOVE the YELLOW! It is a color that truly makes me happy!




It was nice to have Luci and her two kids following behind us. She took some photos of us when I wanted to actually be in one. This is her little girl Libby.
I suddenly want to drag everyone I know out here and take more pictures.



We did eventually end up at the beach much to the kids' relief. The mosquitos were the worst ever- but we managed to find a patch of sand where they pretty well left us alone. After watching Abby, Daddy and a couple of his cousins all catch fish recently Sam was THRILLED to finally catch his own. "My First FISH Dad!" He kept shrieking that all afternoon.
He still asks to see this picture.

It was a proud moment for him.

And yes- I think that technically does qualify as a fish.




8 comments:

Twyla said...

Tanis, You need to find a fish frame and frame it for him so he can look at it all the time! Great pictures!

shauna said...

Lovely pictures...I've never stopped to take pictures in a canola field. They sure turned out well. Sorry about the mosquitoes...you should come out here and join us at the lake next week...no nasty skeeters here!

Jordan and Luci said...

Cute Tan! When Libbi saw them, she said, "Mommy, lots of Libbis!" I loved the fish too. THat was awesome.

Debbi said...

OH KAY< SHUT THE FRONT DOOR!!!! Tanis, I Love love love canola fields! LOVE them. Wish I owned one. I always wanted to do a wedding photoshoot in a field of canola, but it usually wrecks clothes.

But seriously. This is why you are a Great photographer! LOVE IT!

Leslie said...

Awesome pictures Tanis!

Melissa said...

Love your pictures Tanis. I have always thought yellow was a happy color too....so cheerful. :) Sounds like you guys are having a great summer.

Jewel said...

Great photos Tanis. You will have to take us out for a family photo... you know, when you have time!!!! Sam, that is one heck of a fish! (Can't you buy something like those in cans at the store?) For all the excitement he got, I think that's what I'll plan to do on our next fishing adventure!!!

Lora said...

O.k. I've been wanting to get together with you but I'm pathetic with following through so let me know the next time you go to Wally's beach and we'll meet up.