Saturday, July 18, 2009

First the Beach...then a plane crash

Today was a scorcher. A real blazing hot sort of day. In the morning I went out to a friends house to take some pictures of their very cute family. Our kids kept themselves busy by playing in the pool in their backyard. We got in the van and headed for home, when John suggested we take a drive out to St.Mary's reservoir to see what Wally's beach is like right now. Seeing as the kids were already in their swimsuits ...it seemed like a good idea.


It was a quick drive to the spot, and as soon as we drove up and saw the 40 other vehicles parked we pretty much knew that the water must be good down by the beach. Realizing that half our town must have been there, I took one look at myself in the rear view mirror and said "uh-uh, no way are we going down there!"

(I can be such a poor sport sometimes.)

We drove a little bit further though and found a great little spot on the lake, with a bit of sand even.

It was like our own private beach!

John was in the water almost before the kids were. They had a great time swimming in the lake and the water was nice and cool.

When Jess wasn't swimming she kept herself busy hauling water.

Kids love to haul water don't they!


As for me, well I think this picture says it all:





I was an ol' "Stick in the mud" and took up residence right here.


Well someone had to take the pictures...and dream in the shade.


Later this evening John got together with his brother Jordan. Weeks ago John bought some smoke bombs and togehter they thunk up this bright idea to strap them to John's plane and watch it fly.

Who's idea was this?


I know what Sam is thinking. He's thinking that this can't be good!





Oh my. Remember these are grown men here.






Oh my.







5 seconds later... oh darn!



It always breaks my heart when his plane gets damaged a little.



Really.

I do feel so bad.



4 comments:

Lorin said...

Someday I'll find this "Wally's Beach" I keep hearing about. Sounds like a fun place.

Sorry about John's plane getting a bit melted. I guess he may have underestimated the amount of heat produced by the afterburner in the "extra engine".

Jordan and Luci said...

That is so funny! The smoke really would have been cool if the plane made it in the air. Oh well.

Anonymous said...

They aren't grown men when they get together, remember. They are grown boys. What is it about Jordan that can get our husbands to freely hand over their common sense? Jokes...sort of.

Dick Family said...

YEah for summer - finally!