It's been a rainy couple of days, and though we debated whether it was worth it to ride the boat in the rain we figured the mist and fog would make for some beautiful shots of scenery along the way.It might not look like it, but the boat was packed! A bus full of senior travellers from Utah came on the same trip. They all liked our family very much as soon as they heard we lived in Cardston! I told them a story about the Cardston Temple that our mission president told our primary kids a few weeks ago. I felt like a tour guide.

The kids LOVED riding the boat and watching the large waves that we made as we cut through the water. Sam pulled a Titantic move and stood at the front of the boat with his arms outstretch. That didn't last long trust me. Jess kept her eyes out for sharks.
We didn't see any sharks but we did see a bald eagle.
The trip takes us down into the United States and it was interesting to see the dividing line cut through the trees. Apparently waterton and glacier are often referred to as a Peace Park as it is one of the only parks that cross the border yet work together to maintain it's true natural identity on both sides.
This was a picture we took when we docked at the other end of the lake, technically in Glacier National Park.A highlight for John and I was seeing Waterton from this perspective. We've gotten familiar with much of the shoreline within the town site and of course many of the hikes, but this offered us views and scenery that we've not gotten to see before.
It was a breath taking two hour ride. Thanks Aaron and Gina for the Wonderful Trip!

6 comments:
Tanis your photos are beautiful! We want to go on that cruise too someday. So glad you had fun on it!
Great pictures Tanis!! I had to chuckle that you have kids who look out for sharks.....that is always the first question my kids ask before we get in the water. "Is there any sharks, crabs or lobsters?" Once we get that all cleared up, we are good to go!
I used to take the "International" cruise 5 or 6 times a summer with not a bus load but a van load of Japanese tourists. They were always interested in seeing the border line as it is something they obviously don't have in their island nation.
I really like the south (American) end of the lake. It seems like such a different world with much less wind and much bluer water due to the higher amount of glacial rock flour in the water at that end.
Looks like you had fun. I LOVE Sam's comment on the side bar. Kids are so funny. Why DID you eat it, Mom? Hee hee.
Great photos Tan. Looks like a fun little adventure.
Yay!!! I am so glad that you went and that you got to see some things that are "different" from the Waterton that you know so well! Your pics are beautiful!
Post a Comment