Sunday, February 21, 2010

A lot of celebrating!

What a week!  So much has happened, but sadly all of my pictures are stuck on my camera, until my computer is working again.  So this will be a long post sans pictures, unless I can find some on John's computer or the internet that might apply.


Last Sunday we celebrated the Chinese New Year at my sister Jewel's house.    I LOVE Chinese New Year!    Jewel's home looked lovely and festive, and there was no shortage of yummy dishes.  Lemon Chicken, stir fry, chicken wings, lettuce wraps and peanut sauce, and the yummiest pot stickers (gyozas) EVER!  It is to date one of my favorite meals so far, because the food was ridiculous!   Seriously, I took pictures, and it is a shame I can't show them.  I want to eat the photo!     Jewel kept insisting that if her Brother in Law Lorin had been there it would have been yummier, as he apparently specializes in the whole Gyoza department.  I find it hard to believe a meal like that could be any tastier - but John and I would be more then willing to be the judges of that!

Happy Year of the Tiger everyone! 
 (this is not  our Nate just some zazzle.com  baby that is almost as adorable.  Almost)



The kids had no school all week so a lot of time was spent playing.    Our board games were used well this week, as well as several impromptu rounds of hide and seek.  I have made several observations about my kids as I've tried to play with them this week, but perhaps I'll save it for another post, when I can share pictures.

The highlight of this week came yesterday when we celebrated Jessicas 3rd birthday.  Three!  Has it already been that long?   Whenever I think of Jessica's birth I experience a broad range of feelings.  Within days of her birth my Dad passed away.  Weeks after that we learned of John's mom's illness.  That was the start of a very difficult year, but I was always so grateful every time I held Jess.  She seemed to me to be this little bundle of joy amidst a lot of sadness.    She still is that little spark of happiness and we are so thankful for her.

She milked her birthday for all it was worth.  She helped make her cake.  (Hence the batter on my blinds and walls),  and she wore her "princess dress" all day long.  She waited anxiously for HOURS for her cousins to arrive, and when they did she behaved like a true Diva!    Only when it is your birthday can you act like that. ...and only when you are three for that matter too.  




    She's lucky she's so CUTE!

3 comments:

CHEMTD said...

Great, one more awesome event that we missed out on.

And yes Jess is so cute.

Jewel said...

Ahhhh....sweet. I read your most recent post first Chad, and I was feeling a little left out.. but I'm back to feeling good again. Don't feel too bad that you missed the dinner. Just look at the pounds you saved yourself from!!!! I'm still trying to cut back to make up for it.

Sorry Tanis to post to Chad on YOUR blog. What a fun party though....as usual. We all love Jess and it was fun to watch her and remember what 3 must have been like! Thanks for the awesome time! (Will you tape a balloon to my chair on my birthday????)

Lorin said...

Welcome to the awesome world of real gyoza.